Top 10 Blog Posts 2022
Each year, Myrmecological News Blog and its editorial team celebrate the end of the year with a Top 10 Blog Posts Special. We use this occasion to thank all those people who help maintain the blog. Thank You to all who contributed views, reviews, interviews, news, and photoblog contributions on an amazing diversity of ant topics. Thank You to the production team working behind the scenes. Here, we are also happy to have new members on board. And Thank You to all our readers and the amazing feedback through multiple channels! We greatly appreciate it.
Our blog has now been online since May 2018 (more than four years already…), and today, we present you with the top ten blog posts as measured by total views in the year 2022 (as of 31 December 2022). We wish all our readers a Happy New Year! Stay tuned – there are exciting new contributions in the pipeline for 2023.
A View compiled by Gaurav Agavekar, Billu (Biplabendu) Das, Roberta Gibson, Phil Hönle, Hoon Kang, Patrick Krapf, Alice Laciny, Felix Oberhauser, Lina Pedraza, Beatriz Portinha, James Trager, and Sheethal Veepur
Top 10 Blog Posts
We now present you with the top ten blog posts as measured by total views in the year 2022 (as of 31 December 2022).
1. Ants of Hong Kong, SAR, China
2. A photographic glimpse into Brazil’s ant diversity
3. Talc powder & ethanol: A simple and efficient method for preventing ants from escaping
5. Ant anatomy (ant morphology)
6. Searching for ants of the Tapinoma nigerrimum complex in the south of France
7. Myrmecophile dispersal via slave-making ants
9. A multi-level look at the social evolution of ant supercolonies
10. How many ant species are there on Earth?